Product Development Manager
6th September 2023
Job title: Product Development Manager
Reporting to: Chief Product Officer
Do you want to work with a passionate team to support the delivery of digital solutions to support education in prison?
At Coracle, we believe that Digital Literacy is a right. We believe that digital skills open up new opportunities and we want to help every prisoner increase their digital know-how to improve their life chances.
We are looking for people who are proactive and creative. You will be intellectually capable, with the resilience and ability to work under pressure, to absorb ideas quickly and are happy to work with minimal supervision whilst delivering a high degree of accuracy.
The Product Development Manager assumes absolute responsibility for the successful deployment and quality of the Coracle product stack by using their deep knowledge of software coding languages / frameworks and ability to use this knowledge.
This opportunity is ideal for a software developer who has worked within front end and back end teams, either as a team lead or a product manager and, wants to further expand on their management skills whilst still remaining hands on.
Working with the Research and Development team and reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, this role requires deep technical ability, innovative solutions, and an ability to lead by example.
If this sounds like you, read on!
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Developing the Coracle Osprey-VLE, and associated, applications
- Ensuring the effective resolution of work packages and tickets created as part of the PDLC.
- Creating 3, 6, 12 month plans of action in conjunction with Chief Product Officer and Research and Development.
- Including the management of a rolling, features roadmap.
- Resource management including prioritisation and backlog management.
- Support creation of user stories, epics, work packages etc.
- Reporting on product development (velocity, demand management, etc.)
- Release management, ensuring communication to the company and appropriate training.
- Ensuring product documentation has ownership and is maintained.
- Product Development ‘Tech stack’ ownership and management.
- Team management including reviews, 1-2-1s, ad-hoc support etc.
- Supplying technical expertise and coaching.
- Worked as part of a software development team
- Lead development projects
- Working with and integrating APIs
- Knowledge of security first development methodologies
- Working within and optimising Product Development Life Cycles
- Familiarity of developing within Change Management frameworks
- Senior level stakeholder management
- Effort assessment for the purpose of sizing projects
We are looking for people with advanced knowledge and skills in the following coding languages, frameworks, and systems:
- Progressive Web Applications
- Google Chrome OS
- Database management
- Active listening
- Project management
- Time management
- Logistics and planning
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com