Coracle is hiring. Full stack developer.
Our digital learning platform empowers communities of learners, especially those isolated from the internet, such as seafarers or individuals incarcerated within the justice system. We enable skills gap analysis, access to learning materials, tests and assessments, evaluation and self-reflection tasks.
The company ethos is to provide proactive, innovative value-added technology and services to improve learning outcomes. Our mission is to create a world where no-one is isolated from learning opportunities.
Do you have...?
- Do you have a broad range of coding skills and want to apply them to develop Educational technology?
- Do you have the desire and ability to build on your existing knowledge base to create an innovative and user-friendly platform
- Can you work to tight deadlines in an agile small, hardworking team
As a result of recently awarded funding, including grants from Innovate UK, we are looking to expand our team.
If you are self-motivated, proactive, creative, skilled, hard-working and reliable, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeing increased demand and rapid adoption of our technology, particularly within the Justice system (see article in Inside Time newspaper)
We have identified a series of work packages that require a broad range of development skills.
Working directly with our senior developer you will be responsible for undertaking a range of projects including:
- Further developing our content management systems
- Integrating new technologies for virtual and blended learning into the platform
- Extended data management, reporting and API functionality to integrate learning records with our client’s data base systems
- Ensuring that all new developments meet our client’s Information Assurance, data security and data protection requirements
Skills, knowledge and experience
This role would be ideal for a recent graduate or someone looking for their first job move who has an interest in education and technology and who wants to work for a company that can make a real impact in supporting some of the most isolated, disadvantaged and vulnerable members of our community.
We require someone with the following work-related attributes, qualities and attributes:
- The ability to work quickly and accurately on a variety of different work packages and projects that could encompass all aspects of the platform development
- No specialist skills are required, we want an outstanding all-rounder who has the flexibility to develop new concepts and ideas by building on their existing knowledge base
We are looking for someone with the ability and motivation to evolve as the business grows and help develop our platform and the range of courses that it is used for.
- Salary: flexible based on experience
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours / week
- Location: The job will be based in our Newmarket offices however a degree of remote / virtual working can be accommodated
- Pension: Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday: 23 working days holiday in each calendar year
How to apply
Please email your CV to: email@example.com