Digital In-Cell Education (DICE) toolkit
Feedback from prison staff, educators and prisoners over 2020/21 was that Coracle Inside:
- Supports learners with a range of learning styles and specific learning differences
- Brings a realistic and modern learning environment to prison education
- Is a way of keeping busy and away from negative circumstances or influences on wings
- Encourages new, or refreshed, technological skills
- Is easy to use and clear
- Enables users to have all learning material in one place, without risk of things being misplaced
- Makes prisoners feel trusted by prison staff and the institution, and feel their development is being taken seriously
- Boosts students’ self-worth and creates a sense of hope
- Allows prisoners to navigate materials independently and helps broaden and deepen their learning autonomously - allowing students ‘to research and study like never before as a prisoner'
Coracle devices come supplied with a comprehensive toolkit of digital tools and resources that can be used either independently or in conjunction with other prison education courses to facilitate in-cell prisoner education, study and skills development.
The standard toolkit can be used to support:
- Distance learning
- Developing literacy and numeracy skills
- Creative and essay writing
- Numerical modelling
- Business and financial planning
- Developing employability skills and creating a CV
The toolkit includes a range of tools and resources. We release a new update on a quarterly basis.